The National Mental Health Commission is hosting an online webinar for people in the LGBTIQA+ community as part of Making Connections for Your Mental Health and Wellbeing (Connections2022) program.
During this online forum, we invite you to share how the mental health system is working for you in general, and any challenges you have experienced that impact your mental health and wellbeing and thoughts about what a functioning mental health system would look like for you.
• What has been the biggest challenge for your community in the past two years?
• What has supported your mental health during those times?
• How will you know when things are getting better for your mental health?
• What improvements would you like to see happen in your community?
Your voice is vital to understanding what is and isn’t working and if real and impactful change is being made in communities across Australia. By sharing your experience, you can help the Commission to build evidence that shapes outcomes for future national mental health and suicide prevention reform.
For more information you can also call toll free 1800 220 246 or email
If this has raised any issues for you, support is available from:
– Lifeline on 13 11 14
– Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636
– Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800